Monday, September 10, 2012

Long time, no see!

I cannot believe that the last time I posted was in late March!!! These past months have flown by. I am sad that I haven't shared all of the cat adventures I have been on during that time. You see, in April, I decided to take a break from my artwork and dedicate myself to volunteering full time. A few of my cat loving friends and I TNRed close to 200 cats and kittens...in trailer parks, homes and businesses all over Lexington. It was an incredible journey with many highs and lows....full of many happy beginnings and a few tragic endings...a truly emotional rollercoaster. But no matter what, LOTS of positive work was done and TONS of kitten births have been prevented. The lives of so many cats have been vastly improved! And that makes all the heartache and exhaustion well worth it. So, as fall approaches, I have decided to take a break from the cat rescue and TNR and get back to the art table! It feels really good to make this transition and return to my other passion...CREATING! And there will still be lots of cat photos (be that good or bad :)!). We currently have 2 foster kittens and 2 foster cats residing here with our crew. And here is our most recent addition, Wilson, overseeing my artwork. We adopted him in April after we TNRed a few cats at a scrapyard. He was so sweet and disheveled that I couldn't bear to let him go especially after we found out that he has FIV and Leukemia. But you would never know it....he is one happy, hearty cat now! You'll see his "before" photo too. Purrs to all!

1 comment:

Deb said...

What a handsome fur boy he is. He looks so docile and sweet. Good luck with him. I hope his health improves.