Friday, March 11, 2011

It's all about cake lately...

Cake toppers, cake decorating, cupcake baking.....my life seems to be all about C-A-K-E!! After cats, it is my favorite thing :). I started my second session of cake decorating at Hobby Lobby last week. It is the "Flowers and Cake Design" class. So far we have dabbled in making fondant and royal icing flowers. In addition, I am starting to make cupcakes weekly from my new vegan cupcake book, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. My husband, his professor colleagues, my cat lady friends, my art buddy and her daughter are all my taste testers. So far, so good...getting stellar reviews! And I just finished up another cake topper. One of my Cheshire Cat on the Mad Hatter's hat pieces for an Alice themed baby shower.

Here is a little peek at everything "cake"!



S'mores cupcakes in leopard print holders...



Chocolate with peanut butter icing....



Final cake from first decorating class...

2 comments:

Dollface Creatures said...

Oh my goodness, that Cheshire Cat cake topper is brilliant, love it!

Ronna said...

You and I must have been twins, separated at birth. My two favorite things are cats and cakes. And I had a graphic design company in Toronto (many moons ago) called Cheshire Studio and the cat was my logo!
I love your latest cake.
And I am now obsessed with the site www.cupcakestakethecake.com... Have you seen it? Check it out. They post 3-4 times a day!! CRAZY!! Keep up the great work!