Saturday, February 7, 2009

Rosie Buddha Kitty



This is my sweet Rosie and the painting that she inspired. Rosie was living in one of our feral colonies in Atlanta. We always suspected that she was tame, and we finally got around to trapping her one hot August day. Well, she meowed and meowed (most ferals are totally silent in their traps) and we knew that she needed to come off the street. I felt so awful because she had been out there for many months and always sat alone up on an air conditioning unit. I immediately felt a strong bond to her, so we decided that rather than find a home for her like the rest of our rescues that she needed to stay with us forever :). I cannot express how much i love this crazy girl!! She is the funniest, quirkiest kitty...this buddha baby has absolutely stolen my heart. All i can say is, what idiot decided to abandon such a special cat???!! Well, i feel that way about abandoning ANY cat....
Rosie often sits in this "Buddha" position, so i decided that i had to illustrate it in a painting. Hope you like it!

6 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

what a beautiful kitty you have!!..love the pose..you are a wonderful person and I love you from one cat mama to another..have a great weekend..and give that belly a love for luck for me...:)

Carol Stocker said...

Oh, I love Buddha Kitty...my little Gingersnap is sitting in a similar pose right now! LOL
Hugs, Carol

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love your work! It's gorgeous and unique! ((((hugs)))-Jenny

Sam I Am said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww...Rosie is just too cute!! lol I love that she sits like that :)

lori said...

What a super-duper cutie pie she is! I love it when cats sit like that. Your little painting is adorable too.
xx

GraceBeading said...

aw, she looks like such a happy cat. Bless you for coming to her rescue.

Great painting by the way!