Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What's on the Sculpting Table?





This week I have a new elephant, cat and panda in process. Hopefully, they will be dry by tomorrow and i can start assembling the parts and really bring them to life! It's amazing how ghostly they look before the paint goes on.
I moved into a new studio space last week and today was my first day actually working there. It feels a bit strange not to be in my home studio, but i really needed to get away from the distractions that tend to arise around the house. I miss having my furry babies nearby and being able to stay in PJ's while i work, but i can do that on the weekends. At least my orange tabby, Rooney, can't steal all my paintbrushes and colored pencils like he has been doing lately! Crazy boy.

8 comments:

jane and the happy crow said...

I really love your work and would like to see more on how you actually sculpt them. Your circus critters are so inspiring the colours are just fab. What a tidy studio space you have!!!! Jane xx

Thelma-Art said...

I so enjoy looking at your art. So colorful and whimsical. WOW!!

Oops! Desperate Blogger~ said...

Love your pieces and your creative space is so tidy! Is that a semi circle table? So nice!

snippetgirl said...

It won't be tidy for long :)! Yes, that table is actually 2 quarter circle tables pushed together to form a semicircle. The lady who owns the building where my studio is used them for flower arranging years ago. They were collecting dust, so she asked if i wanted to borrow them. They are really cool and look very circusy too.

Oops! Desperate Blogger~ said...

Very neat those tables! Now I have table envy! ;-)

hollyzhobby said...

I love your sculptures, so much fun.

FishStikks said...

Adore your sculptures and the circus theme is very near and dear to my heart.

I did actually see you over on the etsy forums over the weekend and either posted in the thread I saw you in or meant to.

How fabulous that you found me and in turn I've found your blog!

Love the studio space and that (faux)zebra rug!

Chicken Lips said...

Love your desk...and that zebra rug is great! I do EXACTLY the same as you...I use styrofoam as a base to hold my drying pieces. Your work is simply sensational!