Monday, August 2, 2010

Alice lives in my house!

I am pinching myself!!! Flora Thomspon's Alice in Wonderland doll is now living with me! My fabulous husband gave me this amazing doll for our 10th wedding anniversary. He knew how much I LOVED this creation and knows that I am not a diamonds and pearls kind of girl, so.....this is the best, most perfect gift ever! I can't believe that I get to enjoy seeing her every day. Flora's work is incredibly imaginative, unique and inspiring!! I am in awe of her talent and skill. She is one of those people that is able to create pure magic with her hands. If you aren't familiar with her, please take a peek at her blog, Bonehead Studio.

Isn't she unbelievable??? I can hardly stand it!

5 comments:

The Creek Cats said...

That's spectacular! What a perfect anniversary gift!!

Jenny Carter said...

Sweet! Your husband rocks. I am the same way with gifts. I wish I had a big anniversary to get something this special! lol I wanted "Down the Rabbit hole" by Barton but it sold a while back. But I did manage to get two of her other creations so I am happy.

Evelyn said...

What a great gift. Love the doll. Hope you are doing ok - have been "worried" about you since you posted you had something sad happen.

Happy Anniversay!

just me said...

WOWOWOWOWOW! I love her, when she first got her done I was in awe. What a lucky wife you are!! Flora is one of my favorites, hope to someday own some of her work. Happy Anniversary!

Lisa Nelson's Art, Bucks County Designs said...

You are soooo lucky, Carrie! What a beautiful piece and what a thoughtful gift! Enjoy her beauty and keep the kitties away from her. :)