Monday, March 2, 2009

Juggling Kitty No. 2



I think this is my favorite circus creation so far. On Saturday, i had him half finished and then i couldn't decide what he should be juggling. I knew that he needed something more than just the felt balls. So, yesterday morning I sculpted a few little fish for him. This is going to sound silly, but i keep hearing this crazy, ridiculous McDonald's filet of fish commercial...can't get it out of my head...and i think that's why i decided that i HAD to add some fish to this! Ha! It's amazing where inspiration comes from. In addition, I have 2 black and white cats that i adore, so it was high time that i made a tuxedo kitty sculpture.

I have been glued to the sculpting/painting table for 7 days straight, so today i am off to catch up on errands and mindless chores. Yuck...but it needs to be done. I also need to get back to my TNR (Trap, Neuter, Return) efforts....a new unneutered male cat has been showing up on my front porch and he is fighting with the others. It's almost that season again....mating time and territorial squabbles arise! I will be out spaying/neutering like crazy!

10 comments:

nfmgirl said...

Another great one! I always love your work.

Chicken Lips said...

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog.

WOW! Your artwork is FANTASTIC! Love your characters, the colors, subject matter...everything! What a talent!

Christine said...

Love the circus kitty! Very cute.

And I know EXACTLY what commercial you are talking about. It is SO ANNOYING! I get it stuck in my head too, so don't worry cause you're not the only one! Haha

♥ xtine
http://stuffbyxtine.blogspot.com

Nina said...

Love your work. From one artist to another your art really rocks.
-Nina from www.thecanvasdog.com

noodle and lou said...

Hi Carrie! thanks for stopping by my blog:) what an adorable piece! xoxox...jenn

Ronnie said...

I am lovin' the brightness and cheer around here!!!

Diane Duda said...

I'm still partial to the frog, but this one is a close second. :)
xo
Di

La Donna Welter said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! : )

Your artwork is wonderful!

quitethecrow said...

This little juggler is great! I would think fish might be hard to keep in the air. I also love the bunny...way too cute.

I just found your blog and fell in love with your sense of style and whimsy. I'll have to keep coming back for more...Elizabeth

snippetgirl said...

Thanks bunches, everybody! I sure do appreciate your kind words. They are like little hugs of encouragement.
xoxo