Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fairytale Frog and Cat Temples

Oh my gosh, I thought that I would never get these two creations photographed and posted in my etsy shop!! These two pieces have a lot of hours in them with many little sculpted and painted details, so I wanted all of that to show well! I tried EVERYTHING to get good pictures of them and finally had to settle with what you see below. I went inside and outside...tried various backgrounds, lighting....nothing seemed to work. The frog looked SO dark and shadowed if I used a light background but dark tones didn't work either. So, a fern and the grass ended up being the best option. After all of this struggling, I went ahead and ordered a mini photo studio on Amazon.com. It includes a light box (20" x 20"), 2 lights and a tripod. I can't wait for it to arrive so that i can start experimenting!!

Presenting my fairytale frog and cat temples with topiaries.....both will be available in my etsy shop shortly. The frog and the cat are both about 14" tall. Also, i wanted to let you all know that if you ever want to purchase one of my pieces but just can't afford the full price all at once, I am more than happy to take payments in monthly installments...just shoot me and email and we can chat! snippetgirl@gmail.com




8 comments:

Carolee said...

I'm with you on the photography - a common problem here... These turned out great though - Your work looks amazing on ANY background!

(LOVE the baby kitty photos too!)

~ Carolee

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

They look great Carrie!! Love them!
Laurie

Unknown said...

Preciosoooooos......ya sabes que me gustan mucho tus creaciones,todas son muy bellas y especiales.Saludos.

lori said...

What a darling couple of critters. I love that they're in little environments too. Very nice.

I'm totally sympathetic with the photo troubles. I'm looking forward to hearing (and seeing) how your mini studio works out.

Laura said...

Adorable! Great job!

The Creek Cats said...

Hi Carrie!
Do you happen to remember which plans your brother in law used to build the trap?

And thank you for all the work your do for your local kitties too!

Sheryl Parsons said...

The photos are great! The ferns make a perfect backround for these. These are wonderful!
:-)
Sheryl

Jenny Carter said...

OH I love the little kitty!! Of Course!

I sent you an award from my alley cat blog. :) because I love you!