Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sweet Peas and WIPs

Magee and Joe B (named for local restaurants) are 2 of our back patio kitties. Their mom is Missy, the kitty I wrote about a few days ago. How cute are these buff tabby boys??! They appeared with Missy on our front porch when we moved here last July. They were only a few months old then, and scared to death of us...always running across the street and hiding in the drain...which scared me to death! Thankfully, they are full grown and healthy and super sweet. As you can see, they are very bonded and love to snuggle together and bathe each other. I adore them all, of course. If we didn't already have 6 inside, they would be in here too! I do my best to spoil them with beds and toys and treats and lots of TLC.



I am sure i will have somd good photos and cat stories in the next few weeks. I will be on feeding duty at 3 cat colonies nearby while their caretaker is out of town for 2 weeks. The May feral cat spay/neuter clinic is coming up soon too.

I better get back to the sculpting table. But first, here is what i have been working on....a cat in a witch's hat with mouse slippers and a large mystery hand. I am not sure what that hand will be doing, but i have some ideas....might be creepy rather than my usual cute :)! Maybe....

7 comments:

Prim's by Kim said...

How cute is this?? Look at those mice, hope they dont nibble on her toes LOL

Ronna said...

Love the 2 kitties in their basket. And I love the cat witch with mousy toes. Very clever!

Jenny Carter said...

Awe, aren't they cute? SO, they stay in your yard and don't venture out?

Sheryl Parsons said...

Darling kitties Carrie! Emmett and I sat for a very long time watching cat videos on youtube yesterday. He always asks me to show him the "Mao". Have you ever heard of the Scottish Fold breed or Munchkin breed? Combine the two, and you get THE most adorable little kitty around. My hats off to you again for what you do for cats. I wish we could do the same with our neighborhood strays but we live in school district housing.
You're cat in the hat with mousie slippers is too much! And the hand, well, can't wait to see what you do with that.
:-)Sheryl

Anonymous said...

Your art is so amazing and love the whimsy of it all and what could be more cute than a bowl of kitties....I am guessing they are kitty cat beds rather than a bowls...none the less cute as can be! xoxo

Melissa Valeriote said...

Good to know I'm not alone.

You've sculpted some wicked good hands. I alway struggle with hands. They always turn out looking little puffy.

Benedetta said...

They are adorable-I am a huge cat lover.
I love your work-- it's so full of energy! Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)
Hugs,
Benedetta