Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Missing my kitty soul mate.....

The kitty love of my life, Rosie, died on Friday. It was completely unexpected. Apparently, cancer had been growing all throughout her digestive system yet showed absolutely no signs. I still can't believe she is gone, and my heart aches for her every moment. We took her off the streets 3 years ago, and I had hoped to spend many more years with her. No amount of time is enough when it comes to those we love, but I cherish every single memory i have of her. She was one-of-a-kind!

Rosie was the funniest, quirkiest kitty i have ever known. She sat in a buddha position to wash her tummy, and it always made me laugh so hard! She wasn't fat at all, but she had this loose, flappy skin on her tummy that "oozed" around (hence her nickhame, Oozie) and it swung back and forth when she ran. She liked to wash our curtains and my handbags among other things...she would hold them with her paw and lick away. Rosie liked to drape herself over me....literally. It would seem like she was headed over my legs or chest and then she would stop with the front set of paws on one side and the back set on the other and flop down. She would "talk" to me in a different way than other cats. I would say her name and she would rear her body back and respond. Oh, we had so many daily rituals....i just loved having her by my side at all times. The best part was sleeping with her against my chest with my hand tucked into her tummy. We fit together purrfectly. I still can't imagine how anyone abandoned such a treasure, but I am glad they did so that i could get to have her as my best friend. I LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH, my Rosie Oozie girl!

I adore these silly photos. They give me some much needed laughter at this very sad time.



16 comments:

Gina Martin said...

carrie, i'm sorry to hear you lost such a good little friend. we never get to have them long enough, do we?

i love her funny yoga poses....i believe you when you say she made you laugh all the time!

rest easy sweet rosie...

Anonymous said...

Carrie I'm sorry for your loss...
I just hate when our animals need to be put to sleep or like your "soul" mate just dies...

What a wonderful life she had with you and you with her...

The memories will speak for themselves.
Pattee

The Creek Cats said...

Carrie, we are all so very sorry for you loss. What a wonderful life Rosie had with you after you took her off the streets. We're sure she appreciated it more than you'll ever know. She was a beauty.

We just went through the same thing in March, Cal had intestinal lymphoma and we had to let him go. You are so right, no amount of time is ever enough.

We are sending you lots of hugs and comforting vibes during this very sad time.

Jill said...

I'm so sorry about your sweet Rosie, Carrie. How lucky she was to spend her last years with you getting all the love & attention she deserved! Bless you both ~ Jill

nfmgirl said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost so many of them, and never gets any easier, does it? You two were lucky to have had one another.

Ann said...

carrie, Rosie was a beautiful kitty! I an see by the pictures that,even though you didn't have her long enough,the time she had with you made her a very happy girl!! what lovely life-moments you shared with us..hopefully these memories will help you get through this difficult time. She is in no pain,but unfortunately you are..those who are left behind are always the ones who suffer. I hope that knowing so many people care will help.Sending you a bucket full of hugs..just reach in and pull one out when you need it.

Carolee said...

Oh, Carrie - my heart is just aching for you. Rosie is so beautiful. We had a Persian who would sit the same way (and who, like Rosie, passed too soon).

It's always so hard to lose a beloved companion, but the incredible love they give us during their too-short lifetime makes it worth risking the grief at their passing.

Sending {{hugs}} and comfort....

~ Carolee

Jake and Micah said...

Carrie, I am so very sorry. I wish I could take away some of your pain. Little by little there will be less tears and more smiles as you recall all the sweet memories of your Rosie.

You were lucky to have had the time you did with one another but I know...it's never enough. I still have days when I cry for Micah but it's not as often as the days when I smile while recalling wonderful memories of him.

Judy C said...

I am so sorry. I have two dog furpersons and my daughter's cat furperson. I don't consider life complete without fur. I hope you will feel a little better soon.

Ronna said...

I'm sorry to hear of Rosie's passing. You gave each other three unforgettable years together. She was so beautiful!

Hope said...

I am so sorry to hear this! rosie was indeed a character and obviously a one-of-a-kind. What a blessing to have had her in your life. Big hugs to you.

Hope

quitethecrow said...

Oh Carrie, I'm so sad for you and Rosie. As I stated in my email, I came right over to your blog for a read to catch up and was so sad to hear of her passing on.

What a lover she seemed to be and so happy to have you in her life. I always think that someone on the other side of this life must have ached to have a loving companion and so wished Rosie there. I always feel that when we're done with this life, we'll meet up in our continuation.

Bless you for finding her, taking her in and cherishing your time with her. I know she knows she was loved...Elizabeth

Elizabeth Ruffing said...

I'm so sorry, Carrie. I had the same experience this week...the day of your post I lost my kitty also, to cancer, after seventeen years together. It is very hard, but it's wonderful to have had the time we've had with our pets, and it's great that you are doing so much to help other kitties in need. Keep up the good work, and think about all the good things that come from it.

Take care,

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so very sorry for your loss. I know that nothing I can say will heal you pain because losing a much loved cat is so very heart breaking.

I hope you continue to be comforted by knowing what a wonderful loving home you gave to your beautiful girl Rosie. At least she spent her final years knowing she was loved, and loving right on back.

Milo and Alfie's Mom.

Poppy Q said...

What a beautiful girl she was, we love the buddha photos!! Rosie was soo lucky to spend 3 lucky years with you, I bet she loved every day.

Big hugs!!

FishStikks said...

Awww Carrie, Rosie was a beautiful girl and I'm so sorry she had to leave you. She will be missed terribly I'm sure.

I just lost my Ralphie about the same time, perhaps they are keeping each other company now.