Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Introducing the KittySnips!

First, I want to thank all of you who commented on my last post!! I am definitely taking your SnipPet picks to heart as I prepare to ship off my dolls to ADQ. I truly appreciate your input!!!! You are the BEST.

On to my newest creations....

Late last week, i started sculpted some crazy little cat busts. I was itching to try some pieces that were a bit simpler and smaller than my usual designs. I also wanted them to be humorous and silly. I don't know if it is the summer weather that is making me giddy....or if it is my foster kittens' antics....or what. Everything just seems more fun than usual right now :)! These cat sculptures were also an exercise in playing with facial expressions. I definitely broke in my teeny tiny crafting brushes while attempting to get all the details just purrfect. I have named this line of artwork the KittySnips....and they will all have their own special names. This kitty crew sort of has a Dr. Seuss meets South Park meets my crazy foster kittens vibe. They range from 3" to 4.5" tall. I will be putting them in my etsy shop shortly. Each sculpture will be in the $20 range AND...the best part....I will donate a percentage of the sales of these directly to spaying and neutering cats and kittens in Lexington!!! The KittySnips and I hope you will support this very important project. One last thing...if you would like to order a custom KittySnip, please let me know. They will have the same round faced, googly eyed look as these, but you can choose the cat's facial expression and colors. Email me at: snippetgirl@gmail.com





Ozzie, Odette and Olivia were helping me try out my new photo box. What a hoot!! They were climbing the backdrop...not exactly productive assistants but definitely entertaining!



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed your previous post.... Congrats on ADQ! WOOHOO!!

I will definitley be checking out your esty shop very soon!
~Dana~

Unknown said...

Que preciosos son todos y con unos colores muy alegres,quedaron muy graciosos,ya sabes que me gustan mucho tus cosas tienes unas manos mágicas.Un saludo.

Talking Horses Arts said...

Ok ..think that the kittens are trying to compete with the cuteness of the snippets..Hmmm...think its a tie? Love your work and pics as always!!!
Andrea.

Anonymous said...

You've got such a great sense of humor and a great deal of love... I really like your cats!
Pattee

ButterCup said...

My goodness the kitties are so cute! love them!

Nat said...

Love all the cute kitties.

noodle and lou said...

oooh Carrie, I'm so excited about the ADQ submissions and HELLOOOOO these little sculptures are ca-ute! Of course, the black and white polka dot one is my fave:) I can barely stand how adorable your real life kitties are too! SWEET lil' cuties!!!!! xoxox...jenn

Angela said...

You have been chosen to receive an award... pick it up here:
http://thepetboutiqueblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/our-first-blog-award.html

Chicken Lips said...

These new creations are adorable! Great personalities. I missed your last post (sorry, it's been a hectic week) - congratualtions!

El Taller de Violeta said...

Nice to meet you !!!
Que bonitos son...besos Nancy

Jenny Carter said...

oh how precious. Love the box too. I miss my little kitties! Well, there are some 4 week old kittens that mama had. I have not seen them yet. Getting nervous on how I can trap little ones. I need suggestions. Trapping tiny kittens will be hard, because I can get one and the others will run off. They are not as curious as they are when they get older..