Saturday, November 7, 2009

Headed to the John Campbell Folk School!

My mom and I are heading to the John Campbell Folk School tomorrow!!! This will be our fifth mother/daughter trip there, and I am super excited to get away and learn some new creative skills. We are both taking a class on how to make animal pull toys with the amazingly talented Kathryn Walmsley. I took one of her classes on sculpting hands at the Folk School a few years ago. I know this one will be equally informative and inspiring! Check out this stunning pull toy made by her...fantastic!



I just can't decide what animal I am going to make!!! If you have any suggestions, please let me know. A cat seems fitting for me, of course, but I am thinking that I should keep my week cat free for a change :). We'll see....

I will catch you guys later! Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

LYNDY WARD said...

Hi Carrie, hope you & your mom had fun at Campbell's Folk Art School. Also hope you & all your kitties are doing well.

I was just wondering if you ever received your win, the vintage Munsters Postcard from my Halloween giveaway contest? Johanna Parker & Chris Klingler did a week ago & left me the promo links.

These gifts (including yours) were sent out over two weeks ago... :(

Please let me know ASAP. I sent your Munsters postcard to the address you gave me on your artist release.

THX & Sweet Blessings,
Lyndy