Friday, January 22, 2010

Alice in Wonderland SnipPet Style!

Some of you will remember the Cheshire Cat I created during my wonderful week at the John Campbell Folk School. Well, i finally carved out some time to make a White Rabbit using the painting techniques I learned that week. I wanted the rabbit to be in the same style as the cat....bright, shimmering eyes and a wide smile with similar coordinating color scheme and details. I think i am getting the hang of using many sheer layers of acrylic washes and using pastels for shadows and accents. It really gives great depth and dimension to the figures.

I usually have NO problem parting with my artwork, but the cat has been a different story. I put so many hours and thought into him, so I sort of needed him to stay with me for a little while. But I think I am ready for him to find a special new home. I will be listing both the cat and the rabbit in my etsy shop soon. They are going to be part of a new category...a "Signature SnipPet Collector Series" or something to that effect. I am excited and anxious to keep adding to this line of characters.

So, here they are! The White Rabbit and the Cheshire Cat on their way to a fabulous tea party!!




9 comments:

Flora said...

WOW WOW WOW, This sculpt is absolutely fantastic!!!!
Blessings,flora

sassypackrat said...

Oh they are both so wonderful! Ican see why you held on to the cat. It would be so hard for me to part with either of them!

Unknown said...

I love them!! I get their catalog book and drool over the classes. Did you go by yourself? What a journey....I am actually taking a class from Art N Soul soon, they just sent me a challenge...a tea pot and the theme is Alice in Wonderland. Mind has been racing with thoughts and sketches. Your cat though.....is superb!!!

The Creek Cats said...

Love them! So wonderful!

Jill said...

They are both amazing! Love the series idea too! Happy weekend ~ Jill

Unknown said...

Bueno la de cosas nuevas desde que no vengo, que preciosidades me he quedado impresionada de tanto belleza, tus creaciones son todo amor. Besos.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love them! The cat is my favourite of course. You are so talented.

Jan
(Milo and Alfie's mom)

Skellyton Art said...

Absolutely Delightful!

Anonymous said...

wow those are both brilliant