Friday, May 28, 2010

WIP Tweedles and such....

I have been trying to get all of the custom orders on my list sculpted this week....lots of bird cake toppers, mad hatters and this pair of Tweedles for a very special customer. I was scared to try these, but once I jumped into it, the challenge was fun. The customer who requested them is the biggest doll collector I know, and she is particularly wild for Alice in Wonderland. I think she now has 27 Alice dolls from various fantastic artists. She collects dolls of all sizes, but she is particularly interested in miniatures. She creates whimsical "rooms" around all of her miniature dolls and characters. So, these Tweedles had to be around 3" tall to fit into her mini Tweedle room.

So, here they are...Tweedles-in-Progress!

3 comments:

sassypackrat said...

How fun! Can't wait to see them finished!

Jonty said...

Me too these promise to be such fun.

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

I love seeing your works in progress. You see all the detail, quality and talent of the artist even in your unfinished pieces. You are really amazing!!!